Monday, May 6, 2013

Oh Silly Little Wild Thing...

...roar your terrible roars and gnash your terrible teeth and roll your terrible eyes and show your terrible claws...

"And Max, the king of all Wild Things, was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all."

Loneliness isn't weakness. And all my diluted references to Biblical proverbs ("a cord of three strands is not easily broken" or "as far as the east is from the west") are a little too obvious, but still right.

I'm a 27-year-old but I still think like a child. Or like a monster on an island, all raw emotion and eager earnestness.

A long walk and a clearer head, and I'm back here again to amend that last post. Oh, not all of it. I could still use a hug, but then couldn't we all?

The leaves outside my window are no longer golden. The sun's too low now in the sky for that.

I will meet true friends. I will tell my stories. I will find a way, or make one.

We can choose to be better. If I don't like something, maybe I can change it.

I'm reclaiming this day.

No comments: