Thursday, October 23, 2008

Time Management

I have four jobs.

Up until recently, it didn't sound like a lot, but now I'm really starting to burn out.

Job #1: a retail job where I put in 40 hours a week.

Job #2: a cleaning job where I put in 6 hours a week.

Job #3: a babysitting job where I put in 5 hours a week

Job #4: a childcare job where I put in 3 hours a week

There are 168 hours in a week. I work 54 of them. I sleep about 58 of them. I spend at least 10 of them driving. I spend 3-4 hours watching TV, and 2-4 hours watching movies. I spend about 5 of them reading. I go to church on Sunday, which gives up 5 hors of my day. Weekends are usually taken up with social activities, which, while fun, also involve more time in the car and more time out of my day. I'd guess with driving and lunches/movies/hanging out/going out that I give approximately 12 hours a week to friends and family.

Which leaves me about 16 hours out of the week to myself, the majority of which fall on weekends or in half-hour or hour blocks in between everything else.

I have to get my cleaning job done before Sunday, but I've now got family driving in for my brother's wedding this weekend. I've got a family dinner in three hours, a bachelorette party after that. I've got rehearsal dinners and haircuts, not to mention that I need to shave my legs and paint my nails and prettify myself in order to be a bridesmaid Saturday. I've got to edit the baby pictures video for the reception. I've got to finish the cross-stitch sampler I'm adding last minute to their wedding present. I've got to wrap their wedding present. I've got to eat. (I just realized I forgot to add eating to the list above, not to mention ordinary but necessary everyday things like showering or time in the bathroom!)

I don't know how I'm going to get it all done.

I have no idea.

No comments: