Monday, October 13, 2008

Crossing Things Off

It's very satisfying to cross things off your list, especially things that have lingered toward the bottom of several lists and at the back of your mind, just waiting but continually being put off.

I accomplished at least three of those type things. Cleaning out storage boxes. Reattaching my car's rearview mirror (a deer hit my windshield, but fortunately the damage was minimal (to my car and the deer). He limped off, and the only damage to my car was the rearview mirror falling off. Um... let's see. I vacuumed. That had been on my list. And I started compiling pictures for a project I'm working on for my brother and his fiancee. I promised I'd do their "embarrassing baby pictures" slideshow at their wedding reception in two weeks. I'm cutting it pretty close on that one.

Paws is snoozing and I'll join him soon. It's an early morning tomorrow (3am anyone?), and after playing hookie today I have a feeling that alarm will buzz all the more annoyingly in my ear.

On an entirely unrelated note, I just realized that NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, aka November) is coming up soon. I've crashed and burned in past attempts, but this year I really want to go for it. So I want to start getting myself psyched up now. Which is probably why I'll end every blog leading up to November with a countdown. During November, I'll end every blog entry with my word count.

18 days till NaNoWriMo!

No comments: