Monday, March 16, 2009

Soundtrack of My Life

A meme:

Create the Soundtrack of your life:
1. Open your iTunes library and set it to Shuffle.
2. Press play
3. Write the title of the song playing next to the first question (that song is your "Opening Credits")
4. Every time you go to a new question hit the next button TWICE 5. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool. Feel embarrassed like us all.

Opening Credits
 = "Sound Check (Gravity) [Mix]” by Gorillaz. Pretty cool opening… kind of haunting. Interesting conflict: “Gravity… never let me go.” “Aw, don’t pull me down.”

Waking Up
 = ”Leeds United (Lounge Version)” by Amanda Palmer. Appropriately upbeat. Good get up and go music.

First Day at School
 = “Yellow Star” by Donavan. What? Weird. Althought this might fit: “With all our cruelty and all our jealousy we find it difficult to just live and let live”

Falling In Love
 = “It’s Summertime” by The Flaming Lips. I could see myself slow dancing with someone to this.

Losing Virginity
 = “Hallelujah” covered by Jason Castro. Beautiful, and quite appropriate.

Fight Song = 
"Get Up” by Superchick. PERFECT!!! “If I get up I might fall back down again. We get up anyway…”

Breaking Up
 = "Myxomatosis (Judge, Jury & Executioner)” by Radiohead. Appropriately tense. Plus the parenthetical name is pretty accurate. “I don’t know what I feel…”

Prom
 = “Need” by the Benjamin Gate. “I long to be close to you, so close I disappear into you.” Umm… I was never that needy, and besides, I went to prom stag!

Mental Breakdown = 
"I am the Walrus” by Bono & Secret Machine. LOL! Yeah, I can see this fitting.

Driving
 = "Anywhere Is” by Enya. Also appropriate. “I go there and lose my way” (yeah, she’s obviously driven with me.)

Flashback
 = "Sally’s Song” by Catherine O’Hara from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. Haunting, contemplative. It kinda fits.

Getting Back Together = 
"Freight Train Blues” by Bob Dylan. Happy, clap-your-hands music, despite the title. Kinda weird, but whatever.

Wedding = 
"Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love” by Coldplay. YES!!!!! This is absolutely PERFECT!!! “Lovers till the race is run.”

Birth of Child = 
"I’m Never Gonna Give You Up” by ShineMK. “I was nowhere when I found you, and you came into my world.” Awww…

Final Battle = 
"Murder, He Says” by Tori Amos from the Mona Lisa Smile soundtrack. Looks like someone’s a’goin’ ta DIE!!!

Death Scene = 
"No Jokes – Fact” by hot hot heat. Short, weird, and then suddenly over. Not a bad way to go.

Funeral Song
 = "Rehab” by Amy Winehouse. Unless the “no, no, no” and “won’t go, go, go” are referring to me not wanting to die, then this doesn’t really fit.

End Credits = 
"End of an Era” by Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls. Awww.. this is SO COOL!

No comments: